Dr.Karthikeyen hails from a rural Tamilnadu middle class family with lot of social empathy. He has risen from that platform and shaped on to a dedicated ENT surgeon and clinical research scientist with a passion towards Autism.
Consultant E.N.T. Surgeon
Karthikeyan E.N.T. Clinic,
1910, 5th Street. H Block,
Anna Nagar WEST
Chennai 600 010 .India.
DOAST Integrated therapy center for autism
1910, 5th Street. H Block,
Anna Nagar WEST
Chennai 600 040 Tamilnadu, India.
Stanley Medical College ,Chennai
Madras University. 1982
[ Diploma in Oto Rhino Laryngology]
Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai
Madras University 1986
Madras Medical College, Chennai
Madras University 1989.
Travelled across India and Globe towards the autism research Project.
- Indian Society of Otorhinolaryngology .
- Indian Society of Otology.
- Autism society of America
Dr.N.P.Karthikeyen-Otorhinolaryngologist, was/is involved in bio-technological analysis of herbs and compounds of ancient Indian medicine, to identify useful molecules for immunology, oncology and regeneration. Encouraged by a decade of in-depth study of the potentials of traditional medical systems, he established DOAST centre to conceptualize “Integrated Therapy”. With the knowledge gained from mainstream medicine, his team at DOAST analyzes ancient manuscripts to select useful drugs and therapies from traditional Indian Medicine and integrates them into therapy protocol for specific diseases. He is currently involved in standardizing such an “integrated therapy” protocol for ASD. Apart from this he spreads positive message on ASD to encourage professionals and parents in India.
Areas of Interest
- Efficient, conservative and minimally invasive approach to ENThealth.
- Bio medical treatment of Autism.
- Conceptualised and standardised ‘Integrated Therapy’ a ‘New Era in Medicine’ where in chosen medicines and techniques from the traditional Indian medical systems are clinically applied in synergy with western medical science to treat diseases with limited treatment options in the main stream medicine.Integrated therapy is clinically applied with proper documentation to treat Autism spectrum disorder.
- Headache care
- Dizziness care
- Deafness Care
Gold Medalist -University No1 Rank holder – In Madras University 1986 Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology examination.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Karthikeyen N.P., Velmurugan .R.,Balakrishnan A. Center for Bio-technology ,Anna University ,Chennai , India. “Phyllanths urinaria a novel anti cancer molecule proven by modern tools of biotechnology”. Cancer technologies , International conference on technology in cancer research and treatment in the new millennium,Albany ,NY., USA., June 27 – 30 – 2001.
- Chaired and presented a paper on “Management of persons with disabilities-A holistic approach”- in an International seminar conducted by Montfort community development society, Chennai and National institute on Developmental Delays, USA. Chenai, India .January 18 – 20th 2003.
- Chaired and presented a paper on “Positive trends in Autism” – in a seminar on “Insight into autism” conducted by DOAST Integrated therapy center in Chennai, India. October 17th 2004.
- Presented a paper on “Positive trends in treatment of autism” in a National Seminar on multiple disabilities at National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped, Secunderabad, India, December 14th 2004.
- Presented a paper on “Positive trends in treatment of autism” in a National Conference on the “Challenge of Autism in India today” under the auspices of Karnataka Parents Association for Mentally Retarded Citizens and National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped, Bangalore, India Jan 23rd 2005.
- Presented a paper on “Positive trends in Autism” in 2nd National conference of Disabilities group of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Secunderabad, India 28-29th may 2005.
- Presented a paper on “Ameliorate Autism through Integrated Therapy” in the seminar titled “Autism spectrum disorders: The socially challenged and the social challenge” under the auspices of Institution for remedial intervention services, Hyderabad ,India, January 25th & 26th 2006.
- Presented a Presented a paper on “Ameliorate Autism through Integrated Therapy” in the seminar titled “Unraveling Autism: Causes, Diagnostics and Interventions” an Indo US conference under the auspices of Tamana New Delhi ,India, September 14th & 15th 2006.
- Keynote address in National Seminar on Multidisciplinary approach to pediatric disabilities.[CP, Muscular Dystrophy, PDD-Autism] DOAST designed the key programs on the Pervasive developmental delay topic conducted for two days, on the 20th &21st of June 2010.It was conducted by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Coimbatore, India. The topic “1940 to 2010- Autism past present and future”
- Presented a paper titled ‘Decisive Denominator and a Bio medical Approach to Ameliorate Autism’ in the 41st National Seminar of Autism Society of America, Dallas, Texas, USA. on July 8th 2010. This paper was co authored by Dr.Georges St Laurent – Molecular Biologist in Brown University – Providence –USA.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on ‘Decisive Denominator and a Bio medical Approach to Ameliorate Autism’ in the Autism Research Centre – Tusculosa- Alabama – USA.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on ‘Decisive Denominator and a Bio medical Approach to Ameliorate Autism’ in the School of Public Health- University of Alabama – Birmingham – USA in July 16th 2010.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on ‘Amelioration, vocational rehabilitation and functional independence of adult autistics’ at Glenwood Centre of Autism at Birmingham, Alabama USA in November 2010.
- Delivered a guest lecture on ‘Biological approach to ameliorate autism’ at the National seminar on ‘Emerging trends in autism’ at ICCONS [Institute of communication and Cognitive Neuroscience] at Shoranur, Kerala, India. April 3rd 2011.
- Delivered a guest lecture on the ‘Biomedical approach to ameliorate autism’ at the Global autism Convention at NIMHANS Bangalore, 20th May 2011.
- Delivered a guest lecture on the ‘Treatment Guided research in Autism’ at the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Bio Technology’ Trivandrum on 25th July 2011.
044 2616 3733 , 044 4274 0202.
044 4210 3636, 044 4217 2828
044 4202 6688,
E mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org
D.O.A.S.T. stands for Doctrine Oriented Art of Symbiotic Treatment.
The center of excellence for the practice & research of integrated therapy is named as DOAST to convey the message of friendliness or togetherness.
As a non profit venture DOAST Trust is striving to create a self supported future for every special child with Autism THROUGH TREATMENT to improve their behavior and cognition.
We seek your liberal donations for the trust fund.
Your donations addressed to “DOAST” are exempt from income tax under 80G.
DOAST is FCRA approved to receive Foreign currency funds.
Ask Your Doctor
Dr N P Karthikeyen
MBBS, MS (ENT),
Patient success stories are mostly personal experiences of various people who have been provided care by our experienced team of doctors and medical staff and nurses.
Insight into Autism
News & Media